1. Make sure you have placed Build Tape on Build Platform and no objects are present. Applying Build Tape after leveling may effect the consistency of your object.
2. Tap “Level” on 3D40’s touchscreen.
3. The extruder and build platform will move into position to level the build platform. 3D40 will first check level at the back center of the build platform. The two knobs under the build platform are used to raise and lower the build platform on the left and right. The extruder contains a sensor that detects if the bed is level, no additional tools are necessary.
4. The touchscreen will indicate if your build platform is too high or too low. If the build platform is too high, adjust the appropriate knob by rotating right until you hear a “beep” and the touchscreen indicates that it is ready to verify that the bed is level.
5. If the build platform is too low, adjust the knob by rotating left until you hear a “beep” and the touchscreen indicates that it is ready to verify that the bed is level.
6. Tap “Verify” to check the bed level. If further adjustment is needed the touchscreen will indicate the direction, if the level is correct, the extruder will move to the next point and the level process can be repeated.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for the second position, when you bed is fully level the extruder will automatically move to the calibration position and complete the leveling process.