Read the Dremel 3D20 manual and these instructions before repairing a jammed extruder in your Dremel 3D20. Failure to comply with the warnings and instructions may result in fire, equipment damage, property damage, or personal injury. Always unplug Dremel 3D20 from its power before performing any service procedures. Failure to do so may result in personal injury and equipment damage. Use only Dremel approved materials and components. Use of object materials, or 3D objects other than Dremel approved object materials and genuine Dremel components may void warranty. Repairs on Dremel 3D20-01 may require the use of special tools (pulling devices and bearing press). Authorized repair centers have trained repair technicians and equipment necessary to perform these repairs.
2.5 mm Allen Key Needle Nose Pliers
1. Remove the top cover.
2. Unload filament from the extruder. Refer HERE for instructions.
3. Power off then unplug the power cord from the Dremel 3D Idea Builder.
4. Move, by hand, the extruder to the center of the Idea Builder.
5. Open the front door, then using the allen wrench, loosen the two screws on the front fan.
6. Remove the fan exposing the drive gear.
7. Remove the clogged filament with a needle nose pliers. Note: Make sure to remove all remnants of the clogged filament and discard appropriately. Any remaining filament may cause the printer to not work properly.
8. Replace the stepper motor and fan. Tighten the 2 fan screws in place. Note: Screws should be hand tightened. Do not over tighten or you may damage the extruder fan.
1-844-4DRML3D 1-844-437-6533 (8AM - 5PM CT M to F)